- Identify setting, characters, and major events from a story. Students should be able to identify the story elements from both books they read on their own and books read to them. As you are reading bedtime stories remember to ask questions and practice retelling the story.
- Apply phonics skills to read and write short vowel words.
- Read fluently and with expression. No robot reading!!!!
- Independently read at a level D and read 48-75 sight words.
- Understand the meaning of addition and subtraction
- Independently solve various types of word problems using addition and subtraction
- Fluently (without counters or fingers) solve addition and subtraction facts within 5.
- Write a personal narrative about an actual event
- Use details in writing
- Write events in the order that they happened
- Write an opinion and give evidence to support the opinion
- Apply knowledge about seasonal weather conditions
- Understand that individuals have different traits
- Demonstrate positive interactions with all members of our classroom
Parent Teacher Conferences
Below you will find a link to the April conference schedule. I did my best to accommodate special requests for times. I kept all other times as close to our January schedule as possible. You will notice that some times overlap. I feel this is the best way to allow for families to come in the evening when it is most convenient. If you feel you need more time to conference individually please contact me. Thank you for your excellent participation in parent teacher conferences.