- Students have brought home their bag of "Just Right" books to practice over the weekend.
- PLEASE PROMPTLY RETURN ALL BOOKS ON MONDAY AS THEY ARE A VERY IMPORTANT PART OF OUR DAILY PRACTICE AT SCHOOL
- "Just Right" books are the books used during small group instruction to teach reading strategies and fluency.
- Most of the books are marked with a level on the front. Keep in mind that our end of the year goal is to independently read at a level D.
- Strategies we are learning to use are to get your mouth ready, look at the first sound and think about what makes sense.
- We have been working on numbers 10-20
- Students should be able to quickly tell one more and one less than a given numbers.
- Students should recognize ten and some more without counting each object such as 10 and 4 is 14.
- We have been comparing fiction (make believe) and non-fiction (informational) and writing factual sentences.
- Our classroom has a total of 6 ipads for student use to practice reading and math daily.
- Students use ear buds sent with school supplies at the beginning of the ear. Although ear buds can be very convenient we are finding that use with small children can be very challenging. Many of the buds are to big to fit in ears and fall out. You may want to talk with your child about how their ear buds are working out and consider purchase head phones.
I cannot thank you enough for all you do to support learning at home. You do an excellent job of assisting with homework and returning work in a timely manner. Expectations for learning are high and the students are making excellent progress. Conferences will be coming up quickly in January and we can discuss progress in specific terms at that time. Please do not hesitate to ask questions at any time.