- Monday: "Your future starts here!
- Dress in Lewis Central gear.
- Tuesday: "How will you save the day?"
- Dress as your favorite superhero
- Wednesday: "Wear your thinking cap."
- Wear your favorite hat as you think about different careers.
- We will explore careers on wheels. (planter, tow truck, police, ambulance, MidAmerican Energy)
- Thursday: "Who will cheer you on?"
- Wear your favorite college gear.
- Friday: "Dress for success."
- Dress up as your future career.
- Parade of Excellence - The graduating seniors will be in their cap and gowns and parade down Main St.(hallway) giving high fives to our students.
We received a special treat for achieving one of the highest attendance records in first grade. Thank you for making attendance a priority!
To celebrate a successful year of learning and growing in our understanding of safe, responsible, and respectful behavior we will enjoy time in a bounce house. Please sign the waiver form and return if you have not done so.
We will enjoy a cookout on the lawn. If you wish to join us and have not let me know please do so soon. The cost of an adult lunch is $3.75. Our class eats lunch at noon.
Report cards will be mailed home after the last day of school. Please make sure the office has a current address so that you receive mail from the school. My goal is to finish end of the year testing early next week and send home testing information by Friday (25). It is always such a good feeling to have evidence of growth and hard work throughout the year. I am so proud of this first grade class.
Council Bluffs Public Library
I encourage each of you to take advantage of the summer reading program at the Council Bluffs Public Library. Reading, writing, and talking over the summer is the most important thing you can do to prepare for second grade.
"A significant factor in the progress of students literacy learning is the opportunity to choose from, read and write about a variety of genres and topics related to their own interests. An increase in the volume of reading will support your students accelerated progress. " Fountas and Pinnell Literacy