Congratulations Hayden J. & Tala - November Lunch With The Teacher (photo to follow)
Thank you to Garrett's mom for planning the party and all of the parent/grandparent volunteers. School is fun!
- Report cards will be sent home on Monday, November 28th. Please sign and return the envelope only. The report card is for you to keep. Please contact me if you have any questions regarding grades.
- Please promptly return on Monday, November 28th the "just right" books that each student brought home for Holiday Homework. I hope your child had many opportunities to read over the holiday break. The progress being made as readers is so exciting.
- We have completed our personal narrative unit in writing and will begin learning to write "how to" books. In our narrative unit we learned to TELL true stories from our life. We will learn to INFORM readers how to do things by writing "How To...." books. You can support learning at home by discussing the steps in how to do simple tasks at home such as "How to do Dishes, or How to Pick Up Your Toys".
- Trimester 1 in math we worked on number sense, and understanding 2 and 3 dimensional shapes.
- Trimester 2 will focus on problem solving and comparing numbers. We will also also learn to describe measurable attributes such as the length, weight, height, and volume.
- We enjoy reading and discussing books at school every day. Try to take a moment each day to ask your child the title of of a story read at school. Asking "What did your learn or what did you enjoy about the story?" extends their learning and reinforces the purpose of reading.