This past week we have been keeping the following question and ideas in mind when reading and talking about books read aloud in the classroom.
What is kindness?
- You can make someone feel good by being kind to them.
- Showing kindness to others can make a difference in their life..
- It feels good when someone is kind to you.
Over the next two weeks we will use what we have learned by participating in a kindness challenge.:
Dec. 10-14 Light up the world with kindness
- Check our class website on Friday for photos of students caught in the act of kindness
- Check your child’s folder each night for a light bulb telling how they showed kindness during the day.
- Greet 5 adults today and make a gift for your parents
- Show appreciation to school custodians by writing letters and delivering cookies.
- Make cards for nursing home residents and play with someone new at recess.
- Wear your PJ’s to school and read with a buddy!!
WE WILL ALSO BE COLLECTING NON-PERISHABLE FOOD ITEMS TO DONATE TO THRIVING TITANS. IF YOU WISH TO DONATE PLEASE SEND FOOD TO SCHOOL BY MONDAY DECEMBER 17TH