The students are doing a great job of learning school routines and procedures. I want to update you on a few items that will help our days go smoothly.
- Independence- Students should quickly develop independence with daily routines at school such as packing and unpacking folders, cleaning up, and following one and two step directions. Expecting independence with similar activities at home is helpful.
- Blue Folders- Thank you for taking time to check blue folders daily. Please note that even though an inside pocket is marked "Return to School" that all papers should remain at home unless indicated on the paper as return to school or homework.
- Snack- We currently have 18 students in our class and will eat snack every afternoon sometime after 1:00. Please consider snack as an opportunity to refuel our bodies rather than a special treat. Healthy snack choices provide energy and establish good healthy habits. We have access to refrigeration for storing snack throughout the day. Water bottles may be stored in lockers for scheduled drink breaks throughout the day. Please do not send gatorade or juice.
- REMINDER - The snack calendar may be accessed through the link on this page.
- Lunch- We eat lunch at 11:00 daily. If you wish to join your child for lunch please arrive a few minutes early and wait in the entry way for our class to arrive. Adult lunches may be purchased from the cafeteria or you may bring in a lunch for you and your child. Recess is from 11:30-12:00.
- Works Independently
- Respects Others
- Follows School Procedures
A student demonstrating excellent work habits is chosen monthly from each classroom to have treats with the principal. I will also be choosing two students to have a monthly lunch with the teacher. Look for our star students to be announced on our website each month. We are off to a great start!!!